Google Translation: The Sophie terrace along the Alster meadow overlooking the Alster Lake in the district Havestehude. Harvestehude is historically and today as one of the highest income districts of Hamburg. Especially the way Harvestehuder due to its exposed length along the foothills and the Alster lake Alster since the 19th Century built with the villas of the rich Hamburg merchants. The landscape of this area is characterized by the damming of the river Alster in the 13th Century. Around 1800 came here the first neoclassical villas which were used as summer homes. At that time, the area was still outside the gates of the city and was largely untapped. During the French occupation in 1813 all the buildings were torn down. Only after the great fire of 1842, the urban area was used. The first pieces of land were allowed to acquire only the citizens of the city of Hamburg or from the surrounding rural communities. It had always been forbidden to fell oaks and beeches without permission. It was from the beginning anxious not to destroy the beautiful scenery. Building permits were also on these properties is very limited and provided with long runs. These apply mostly still at the present time. The Alster foreshore directly on the Alster lake at that time could not even be built. Only the lifting of Torsperre 1861 led to increased development of the area. 1874 Harvestehude became the suburb and in 1894 declared the district. From 1899 to 1906 then the first development plan was developed with consideration for the preservation of existing buildings to make. In the last third of the 19th Century, the current building is largely developed. At that time, many older country homes were displaced. 1900 then almost all sites were built. 1910, there were 50 detached villas between old and Rabenstrasse Licentaitenberg. At Oak Park another 6 soiwe Dreisig between middle and Klosterstern terraced villas. The name of the owner families read like a Who's Who of the Hamburg merchants and high officials of citizenship. Members of the family lived here Sloman, Lutteroth, Amsinck, Behrens, Blohm, Hudtwalker, Krogmann Laeisz or Robinow. After many of these families today, streets, squares and buildings are named. With the economic crisis in the early 19th Century, and the two world wars led to physical descent of some oligarchs in the property changed owners frequently. For many former mansions were multifamily or office buildings. Intermediate term, the region was the center of nearness and thus also interesting is a prestigious address for corporate and consulates. The regional leaders of the National Socialist regime expropriated mainly Jewish origins owners. Thus it is not surprising that in this area has a concentration of residential and office seats of Reichsgau Hamburg was around Gauleiter Karl Kaufmann. Likewise, in the local mansions, the SS group leaders, the top group SA, the Reichsgaupropagandaamt and the Wehrmacht, the Navy and Air Force staff were housed. Politicians and officials from the Economic populated this district. From 1935 to 1937 built the Hitler regime in the monumental Standortkooandantur Sophienterrasse. The British occupation troops seized the use of Nazi institutions houses and brought it under military installations and military personnel.