Google translation: Alster lake foreshore at the height of the Anglo German Club overlooking the jetty Bobby Reich and Bellevue. The Anglo-German Club was founded in 1848 by Sir John Dunlop idea of senior members of the British military and influential personalities from politics, business and culture. Sir John Dunlop was first High Commissioner and later royal British Consul-General in Hamburg. Among the other founding members included the Mayor Kurt Sieveking, Dr. Paul Nevermann, Max Brauer, Dr. Herbert Weichmann, and then president of the Chamber of Commerce Albert Shepherd. But Professor karl Schilling, Axel Springer, Dr. Karl Klasen, Erik Blumenfeld, Rowohlt, John Jahr and Heinrich von Berenberg-Gossler. The latter led the club until his death in 1997. The club operates completely apolitical and aims to promote the German-British relationship. It provides scholarships and support the Anglo-German exchange student. Institutions such as the British Day and the Church of England are supported by Him. The events are a part of the club for contacts and for the exchange of opinions and information.